Through a patient and family-centered approach, the Clinical Nursing Extern will work as an Unregulated Care Provider under indirect and direct supervision of registered nursing staff to provide holistic, high quality, and safe care to patients. The Nursing Extern will practice in a manner consistent with the professional standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. As a member of and in collaboration with the interprofessional care team, the Clinical Nursing Extern contributes to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families with every interaction based on professionalism, the Hospital’s Commitment to Caring and Mackenzie Health’s values of excellence, leadership, and empathy.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Enrolled in a Registered Nursing Program (RN) and entering the 3rd or 4th year of the Program or Enrolled in a Registered Practical Nursing Program (RPN) and entering the final year of the Program.
- Evidence of good academic standing.
- Successful completion of the academic year prior to the last year in a recognized Program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
What else do you bring?
- Evidence of successful learning experiences in recent clinical placements.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health